The wonderful thing about this time of year is it's homage to simple, heart-warming dishes. Marco's Velouté of Pumpkin Soup is a proper pumpkin soup, simple to make and is the perfect recipe for Halloween and Bonfire Night. So fire up those taste buds and get carving...
1kg Diced Pumpkin Cubes
1 Knorr Vegetable Jelly Pot
80ml Carrot Juice
25g Hard Cheese
50ml Double Cream
15ml Olive Oil
1 Sourdough Loaf, sliced
100g Baked Parmesan Croutons
Salt & Pepper to serve
Prep: 15 - 20mins
Scoop out the pumpkin into a dish, season and spread into an ice cube tray and freeze until you need them or just chill them in the fridge ahead of time!
1. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the diced pumpkin. Cook until soft (approximately 10 minutes)
2. In a separate pan, add the carrot juice and Knorr Jelly Pots and bring to the boil.
3. Pour the carrot juice mixture over the pumpkin and simmer for 12 minutes until combined. Add the cheese and double cream and cook for a further minute.
4. Once all ingredients are combined, take off the heat and blitz to create a smooth, creamy consistency and season.
5. Grill the sourdough slices, top with cheese and place under grill until golden brown.
6. Serve the soup in a warm bowl and top with croutons.
It's lovely to be here with a full house at Marco's New York Italian Birmingham Airport - lots of happy guests meet… https://t.co/EoIwzb5Ys4
More pictures from Lunch Service coming soon! 📸 If you see yourself or your friends, tag them in our pictures!… https://t.co/99roQAVVaG
Guess who's back again!? Marco is hosting a series of lunch and dinner events across his Steakhouse, New York Itali… https://t.co/uy6anJaSVK
Stay up to date
Be the first to receive special offers, exclusive event details and latest news.