The wonderful thing about this time of year is it's homage to simple, heart-warming dishes. Marco's Velouté of Pumpkin Soup is a proper pumpkin soup, simple to make and is the perfect recipe for Halloween and Bonfire Night. So fire up those taste buds and get carving...
1kg Diced Pumpkin Cubes
1 Knorr Vegetable Jelly Pot
80ml Carrot Juice
25g Hard Cheese
50ml Double Cream
15ml Olive Oil
1 Sourdough Loaf, sliced
100g Baked Parmesan Croutons
Salt & Pepper to serve
Prep: 15 - 20mins
Scoop out the pumpkin into a dish, season and spread into an ice cube tray and freeze until you need them or just chill them in the fridge ahead of time!
1. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the diced pumpkin. Cook until soft (approximately 10 minutes)
2. In a separate pan, add the carrot juice and Knorr Jelly Pots and bring to the boil.
3. Pour the carrot juice mixture over the pumpkin and simmer for 12 minutes until combined. Add the cheese and double cream and cook for a further minute.
4. Once all ingredients are combined, take off the heat and blitz to create a smooth, creamy consistency and season.
5. Grill the sourdough slices, top with cheese and place under grill until golden brown.
6. Serve the soup in a warm bowl and top with croutons.
🍴BRAND NEW MENU - OUT NOW AT OUR BARDOLINO RESTAURANTS🍴 Find your new fave with our £10 gift voucher to redeem whe… https://t.co/ij4T4hIq3S
@MPWDurham Marco, of course 😉
🌟MEET MARCO PIERRE WHITE🌟 Ever fancied meeting the original rock-star chef?! Well, now you can! Marco will be visi… https://t.co/kG8r7F15WB
🌟 If you're visiting one of our restaurants during the festive period, please be sure to double check their Christm… https://t.co/fM14EtSKL7
🍴 Want some more info? Looking to find your nearest restaurant? Or just want to drool over pictures of some delicio… https://t.co/2zGa9giZo8