Marco's Banana Eton Mess is a delicious and simple dinner party dessert, ideal for quick wins! Never cutting on quality just swapping berries for bananas... oh, and it's accompanied by an incredible Caramel sauce and Chantilly cream.
45g vanilla ice cream
160ml double cream
20g caster sugar
1/4 vanilla pod
20g unsalted butter
20g dark sugar
20g golden syrup
5ml double cream
10g icing sugar
10g caster sugar
40ml egg whites
Mint sprig for serving
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Whisk in a metal bowl the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
2. Once peaks are formed, add the caster sugar and icing sugar and mix until the sugar has dissolved and the meringue is shiny.
3. Place the meringue into a piping bag and pipe drops onto a tray and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Bring the butter, dark sugar and the golden syrup to the boil in a non-stick saucepan and boil until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Once sugar is dissolved, add 5ml of the double cream and stir until a thick sauce forms.
6. Add the vanilla seeds and caster sugar to cream and beat until ribbons form.
7. Place a scoop of ice cream in the bottom of the dessert glass with 30ml of caramel sauce and top sauce and ice cream with half of the banana.
8. In a separate bowl, mix together the meringue, with the Chantilly cream, 10ml of caramel sauce and the rest of the banana. Add the cream to the glass and with 5ml of caramel sauce and serve with fresh mint sprig.
“I want people to drop in after work and have something even simple like a burger or a salad and come back next mon… https://t.co/33qTvrXkQR
💐 Mother’s Day 💐 Say thank you to your magnificent Mum by treating her to a special meal at her favourite Marco Pi… https://t.co/z3jlADQD9n
🌟 WIN A ROMANTIC MEAL FOR 2 THIS VALENTINE'S DAY 🌟 We're giving a lucky couple the chance to win a Valentine's dini… https://t.co/Bg7XmjKWTU