Marco's Banana Eton Mess is a delicious and simple dinner party dessert, ideal for quick wins! Never cutting on quality just swapping berries for bananas... oh, and it's accompanied by an incredible Caramel sauce and Chantilly cream.
45g vanilla ice cream
160ml double cream
20g caster sugar
1/4 vanilla pod
20g unsalted butter
20g dark sugar
20g golden syrup
5ml double cream
10g icing sugar
10g caster sugar
40ml egg whites
Mint sprig for serving
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees. Whisk in a metal bowl the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
2. Once peaks are formed, add the caster sugar and icing sugar and mix until the sugar has dissolved and the meringue is shiny.
3. Place the meringue into a piping bag and pipe drops onto a tray and bake for 30 minutes.
4. Bring the butter, dark sugar and the golden syrup to the boil in a non-stick saucepan and boil until the sugar has dissolved.
5. Once sugar is dissolved, add 5ml of the double cream and stir until a thick sauce forms.
6. Add the vanilla seeds and caster sugar to cream and beat until ribbons form.
7. Place a scoop of ice cream in the bottom of the dessert glass with 30ml of caramel sauce and top sauce and ice cream with half of the banana.
8. In a separate bowl, mix together the meringue, with the Chantilly cream, 10ml of caramel sauce and the rest of the banana. Add the cream to the glass and with 5ml of caramel sauce and serve with fresh mint sprig.
We'll see you soon! Stay Safe ❤️ https://t.co/UOuLrTyWt6
We would like to wish everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year! ✨ Our team look forward to welcoming you… https://t.co/acT9uRbeXs
We just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of our wonderful guests and staff who have supported us through this ye… https://t.co/YVgN6FYodH
The party might be cancelled but we've still got a great alternative! 😉 With delicious food, flavoursome wine, and… https://t.co/pbg34gPMSQ
Diet starts in 2021....😉 It's the season to indulge, make the most of it and book your table today at our open sit… https://t.co/kzMVvsWmHa
What's your ✨New Years Resolution?✨ Comment your answers below! 🥂 https://t.co/CPkg2nyhrT
Tis the season for celebrations, and there's no better way to celebrate than with a cocktail! 🎅🏻🍸 https://t.co/TMSVyu2eLg
“It’s really very important, where possible, for restaurants and hotels to buy locally” 🙌 Emma, from… https://t.co/2LdSMCYsCC